giovedì 3 aprile 2014

WHAT ABOUT IMPROVE ENGLISH WITH MOVIES ?

I remember of never liked  listening podcast or audio books , sure , I hate it , because first and foremost are boring , second , you learn to listen a not natural conversation , rather a robotic one , a kind of conversation that you never will meet in real life , it's useless , don't waste your time with this, maybe could have some worth for the beginner , but after you have pass this stage , you need something of more natural.
People in real life talk in different way , faster , use slang and something shorten words and phrases, so probably you are unable to understand them if all of what you listened  was only audiobooks and podcast, I chose to find a more fun and usefull way for improve my listening skills.
Always I'm been a very appassionate about american movies and since I started to watching it in original language rather that in Italian language my listening skill is improve a lot but in the beginning you need to use subtitle , you can divide it in three steps :

1  Watching eng movies  with subtitle  in your language

2  Watching eng movies  with  eng subtitle

3  Watching eng movies without subtitle

I have to say that worked very well for me and learned many kind of slang currently used in real conversation nowdays, right now I can follow a british movies without any problem , but still I need of subtitle with american movies , because american talk very fast and shorten some sentences, sometimes is hard to catch the words, I think a person should be at a very hight level in order to understand at 100% hollywood movies without any sub , but is my goal.
There aren't only movies , you can do the same thing with your favourite sitcom,fiction or show.
Another fun way to learn....

SEE ALSO  :  THE AMERICAN ACCENT

                                                       

1 commento:

  1. No podcasts are great. They need to be well done though and authentic. Try my favourite http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/did

    Find someone you've heard of and like being interviewed and listen. You have to like the subject. Want to understand England better? Try http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/today

    RispondiElimina